Saturday, October 22, 2016

So, I stumble upon this old filing case and...


WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THIS?


I get home, tired as all get out when I stumble upon this blue filing box. Nothing big, nothing spectacular and nothing out of the ordinary. Yet, my brain tells me to open it. I have't seen it before and don't know where it came from. Suddenly, all these thoughts come into my head. Is this normal? Why is it here? I am intrigued and thus I open this "Pandora's Box" if you will.

Jeff Large's dog. Adorable!
I open it, expecting to find IRS papers, tax returns, etc. What do I find? A cluster of letters, postcards, Polaroid photos and even conspiracy stories all from/for a Jeffery Large. Never met the dude, never seen him, nor do I know why I am in possession of this thing. Sticking my hands inside like a bear grabbing honey from a beehive, I see is a cute picture of what I'm assuming to be his dog. This gives me a sudden impulse to start drawing it, but I move on and continue looking through "his" stuff. The next thing I see is a postcard sent to him during a trip to the Czech Republic signed 1996. Man, I swear there's some stuff here over 20 years old.

Then, it comes back to me...I remember who this person was. During my job working in a movie theater, the name Jeffery Large has come up several times. Apparently the story goes that in 1994, he owed someone money and basically fled the country in an effort to avoid paying that money back. Damn, that must have been a lot... So, the man is essentially at large for lack of a better word. And yes, pun intended. Here's a pretty cool image I found from the projection booth at my old theater job. This is obviously taken from Jeffery as he was a projectionist at the time. For the longest while, I had no idea what I was looking at since I've never seen a projector in so long...stupid digital age! 


A MOVIE PROJECTOR AT MY OLD THEATER IN SANTA MONICA. COURTESY OF JEFFERY LARGE?


"Tigger and Tiana - Tiana is always in some goofy position"
So, looking on and the next thing I spot is this letter he writes about a conspiracy theory. I love this kind of stuff. If you know me, you know that I enjoy looking at all kinds of views, take them with a grain of salt, and then come up with my own conclusions/ideas. Here are some more pictures I found of his animals. He's got some cute animals! Check these out!

His cat Tiana looked like she was a handful. Note, the image is dated 1994 so over 20 years go.






Now, I'm assuming this is Jeffery himself with a close friend or girlfriend. There is no further information on the photo except that it's clearly in Santa Monica, Ca. Well...except perhaps for the clothing they're wearing but hey, who am I to speak. I don't see many woman in jeans like that anymore, but hey, it's a big world.

Then, as I continue to look through this damn case and feeling like Sherlock Holmes, this little red date book pops up. He's jotted down little personal memos and quotes. This first quote doesn't surprise me when it comes to the story of his fleeing the country.

"Money is the greatest tease. Give me anything I want. Then it's gone."

"Too many blondes."

I stare at the mirror in fear of looking away. I might change if I do."

and then it ends with:

"Freud was a cretin." - Roger Shurtleff

A letter written to Jeff




Why am I posting this on here? Well, perhaps Jeffery may in fact read this, and contact me asking why I have all of his possessions. I'm not going to post anything too personal about his life, but you all have a glimpse of what this...entity is about. I've asked people about him in the past, from what I can now remember and he's practically fled the country. Something about having too many debts. So, the reason for all these postcards and what-not is apparently he just left them behind either intentionally, or unintentionally for people to remember him by, or simply as a way of saying he would be back, or a little of both. Or maybe he just forgot them.

All in all, this is my little project I cut out for myself this weekend. Check out some more pictures below and wow...he even posts an image of the KFC headquarters. That's cool, right? 


No idea where this is, but it's damn cool! 




Thanks for reading you guys! Have any of you come across random objects without knowing where the hell they came from? Or just something to share that is just as random as this? Don't hesitate to leave me your comments! I would love to read them as well! 
KFC Headquarters? Alright, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment