Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 is Over!

Well, here goes another year. Perhaps one of the worst years of my lifetime, apart from the Iraq War of 2003 that is. I don't know what to say, but the amount of death, destruction and just plain abuse in politics makes me wish this year didn't happen.

That being said, this year hasn't been all that bad so I want to make that clear. There have been some highlights. This did mark my 30th birthday and for that I'm grateful. I'm grateful for my family, friends new and old. This is the year I officially began hiking, riding my bicycle far more often and got to met a lot of close friends. I cut out soda and also made use of my fitness app which logs in what I eat everyday. I have my own car; work on blogging and art everyday, and do my best at staying healthy and active.

But the deaths! Really? I remember the term "they come in threes" as in when one celebrity dies, two more follow not long after. But this year...it's the year of death. The deaths of David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Prince, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds to name a few really made an impact on not only my life, but many people around the world. I love all of their work and to have it all taken away in just one year...it boggles the mind. And don't get me started on the election...Trump? Are you fucking kidding me?

Now, I understand we make our own destiny and the choices we make impact our lives, but to have a con man fraud as our next president is just ensuring a loss of our freedoms and for that I feel violated. Right now, I'm just in my room relaxing as I type this up. I want to give you all a nutshell of why this year is not the best of times and that you can rest assured over my dead body will I watch the inauguration of this nutcase in the office. You see, the problem is not Trump, but rather the facists he appointed for his cabinet. So, if Trump is indeed impeached, we have the risk of having Pence as the next President and that will be far worse.

Not being in the Christmas spirit this year has been for several reason and many of them have to do with money, stress and just not being in the place I want to be in my life. But I'm going to the best I can, and be the best person I can be and nothing will stop that.

I wish you all a wonderful New Year and join me in making the difference and chance we want in our lives and thus country!

No comments:

Post a Comment