Sunday, March 3, 2013

TCA: True Crime Addiction

Wow, I think I have a new obsession. I've had it a while back but now it's coming full-force! The addiction is none other than true crime shows!

This obsession started back in 2007 when my mom had me watch this show called Snapped. It is a show on the Oxygen Network that focuses on women who kill for love, jealousy and most of all MONEY! The show has been on for quite a while now and I try to watch new episodes every Sunday night. It just amazes me how people still think they can get away with murders and crimes and expect they will never get caught. In addition to this show, I am a huge fan of The FBI Files, Forensic Files and The New Detectives.

With the other shows I just mentioned, they are far more generic than Snapped but just as addicting! The other shows focus more on the evidence of a crime scene and how forensic scientists do what police and investigators can no longer do. Evidence from a crime that are collected by the police are then taken to the laboratory to be further examined by experts.

With the ways forensic science can find even the smallest detail in a crime scene, you would think the culprit would think twice about committing murder, but people don't learn I guess. Or they have the mentality, that "it's not gonna happen to me! I'll be smart about it." Yeah...just wait until you are in jail as well. You can't get away with anything! So if you're smart, work out differences you have with someone, notify the police if you feel threatened or just walk away. Of course self-defense is important and always yell for help if you are attacked in a public place, but never commit pre-meditated murder because in the end it will be you serving time. In addition, if you are in an abusive relationship, please don't keep it bottled inside. Let people know!

Plus, if you think about it, how could you live with yourself after committing a murder? It stills baffles me. However, knowing it will still occur, these shows will still be on television and maybe one day people will recognize that they can't get away with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment