Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! Mine was especially memorable as I spent it with friends of the family. This year it wasn't really a family get-together like it used to be for years and years. My family has kind of drifted apart after the death of my grandmother, great aunt and aunt. This just started to drift apart and also there was a lot of drama going on with other relatives regarding money so I guess that also caused some conflict. On my mother's side of the family, we would always celebrate Thanksgiving. This year around however, nothing was planned and we were just invited to a friend's place. It was a nice event actually. Only 14 people showed up and the turkey that was made was utterly delicious! I enjoyed every bite of it!

After the meal, there were cookies, ice cream, cake, pies and the works and I seriously believe that I gained some pounds after having it in just that one night. So much for going to the gym and all the hard work it did for me. Now, I have to go yet again and lose the pounds I probably gained from the event. But I guess it was Thanksgiving so it was a legitimate reason to eat what I ate, so I don't feel....all that bad. Nevertheless it was a great Thanksgiving and I'm grateful for the people in my life that love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment