Sunday, August 2, 2015

AWOLNATION @ The Hollywood Palladium 2015!!!!


Yesterday was my birthday and I was invited to go see Awolnation perform at the Hollywood Palladium and I've got to say it was fucking awesome! We got there at like around 6:30 and the doors didn't open until 8 but once we were inside, it was just spectacular.

The show started with a few unknown bands--Irontom and then afterwards with K. Flay--but once 10pm hit, the group we all were waiting for finally hit the stage and they didn't take any time to get started...Well, I take that back...it took about 20 minutes since they were having mic problems, but that was quickly resolved...sort of. Since the event was for all ages, there wasn't an ID check unless you were getting booze and there was a ton of teenagers which drove me up the wall. There was this one dude in front of us who would just not stop dancing like a lunatic and him and his gf were like dancing and swinging their hair all over the place. I was thinking to myself..."Teens." But once the concert got started, everyone was going crazy and having a fun time!

The arrival of Awolnation at the Hollywood Padallium

Not going to lie, but this was my first experience in a rock concert where they had a mosh pit and a bunch of drunks knocking into people on purpose throwing everyone from one side to the other. Near the end of the event, I was pushed around so much that I ended up getting closer to the performers, which wasn't really a bad thing as I had a much better view to take pictures. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of the group, but there were a handful of songs I had heard in the past that I had no idea they did which caught on.

Aaron Bruno, lead singer, getting down and dirty!

With what seemed to be the final song of the night, everyone in the audience started chanting, "One more song! One more song!" and started getting out their cellphones as if they were candles and swinging them back and forth. I honestly thought that was it, until the lead singer, Aaron Bruno came back onto the stage and gave us two more songs. At that point, I went with the flow and just started enjoying myself and dancing while trying not to step on people's toes. Yes...the ONE proper attendee of a concert filled with teens and drunk adults. But, hey, it was my first real experience and I didn't want to make it a bad one. As the last song was finally performed, "Sail", I filmed a shitload of it when all of a sudden this confetti came flowing down and a bunch of people were being carried by the audience in a mosh pit. I almost got hit in the head while I was using my phone when I was told to turn around. Hahaha! It was nuts. I was telling myself...I knew I should have kept my glasses in the car.
Glowing tribute

Then the concert ended, everyone left and a fight broke out right before I got outside. It was quickly handled and then I walked to my car while not being able to hear anything for the longest time. It was a damn fun event and next time, I think I'll go to an even that's outside rather than inside with a bunch of sweaty peeps. But hey, never say never and I'm probably going to do it again.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment